Are you considering the vocation of a Catholic School Trustee?
What does a Catholic School Trustee do?
- As Catholic trustees, Catholic education is entrusted to us. We must hold within ourselves a deeper understanding of and commitment to the nature of Catholic education.
- As Catholic trustees, we ensure that the essence of Catholic education, formed through partnership of home, school and parish, is recognized and supported in the political arena.
- As Catholic trustees, we ensure the support and encouragement of our teachers and school staff by providing them with opportunities for faith formation
- As Catholic trustees, we ensure that our educational leaders are able to examine their unique role in shaping the faith life of their school.
- As Catholic trustees, we ensure that our students are seen as individuals and given the chance to study in a learning environment permeated by Gospel values and sacramental life.
- As Catholic trustees, we are evangelizers of the good news of Christ in all aspects of our lives.
- As Catholic trustees, we are stewards of our Catholic faith; with care, we tend to it in our own lives and we foster it in the lives of all whom we encounter.
- Catholic school trusteeship is a unique vocation which serves the Church and the community. The Catholic school trustee plays an integral part in ensuring that Christ is the heart and soul of every Catholic school. The uniqueness of Catholic education lies in the fact that its purpose and end is holiness.
For more information on Catholic schools in Alberta, Northwest Territories, and Yukon, please contact the Alberta Catholic School Trustees’ Association or your local Catholic school board.In order to assist with this the ACSTA has prepared the following information booklet for interested Catholics on the role of being a Catholic trustee, as well as the information and guidelines you need to know to run in the election.
You may also be assisted by the following legislation:
The next general election in Alberta is in October 2021.