Combined two-day virtual Conference - APRIL 29 & 30 2021
The registration is now open!
We are pleased to announce that the 2021 SPICE & Blueprints combined two-day virtual conference will be held on Thursday, April 29th and Friday, April 30th, 2021. Regardless of our new reality due to Covid, ACSTA remains committed in serving the Catholic education community.
The theme for this year’s Spice and Blueprints conference will build on the provincial theme, “Those who Hope in the Lord will Renew their Strength” (Isaiah 40:31). Our two keynote morning speakers have served Catholic education and remain near and dear to our hearts:
- His Eminence, Cardinal Thomas Cardinal Collins, Archdiocese of Toronto (Thursday morning)
- Dr. Troy Davies, CEO, Catholic Social Services and (Friday morning)
- Honorable Minister of Education, Adriana LaGrange will bring greetings (Thursday)
Due to the unprecedented circumstances, the need for building Catholic community has never been more important. Thus we encourage everyone to register for both days of the conference. Our afternoon sessions and panel discussion will resonate with a variety of audiences and feature Catholic educational leaders from our respective community. We have much to learn from each other. Therefore, the virtual conference is open to all who serve in the vocation of Catholic education. As the wise Jesse Manibusan has articulated, “all are welcome...all belong.”
We have not yet had the opportunity to celebrate the excellence of Catholic education, and the individuals who each and every day inspire and give witness to the faith, through their exemplary contribution. We take the opportunity at this year’s Spice and Blueprints conference to celebrate the recipients of both the CCSSA (Thursday) and ACSTA (Friday) award recipients.
Rooted in our commitment to “celebrate, preserve, promote, and enhance” publicly funded Catholic education in Alberta, Yukon, and Northwest Territories, we are very excited with this year’s Spice and Blueprints conference. Let us join together and celebrate Catholic education and each other. Together we “renew our strength.”
We ask for your assistance in circulating this information to interested individuals in your school, parish, or organization. The above-linked poster may be displayed in your staffroom/office to promote the conference.
The following guidelines will ensure you have an efficient and effective experience:
- Each participant must register in advance by filling in the required information correctly on the linked registration form above. Please use Google Chrome to complete the form to avoid any complications in processing your registration.
- The fee for this year’s conference is $50.00 and will be invoiced to your respective Division/Organization after the event. The registration fee is non-refundable.
- Make sure to download the latest version of the Zoom app on your device ahead of time and that your camera and microphone are working properly. Please resolve any technical difficulties ahead of time.
- On the day of the conference, please login at least 15 minutes early, and our Host will grant you entry from the “waiting room.” Upon entry, all participants will be muted and cameras off.
- During the conference, the participants will be prompted to select a Breakout Session. Please select the session topic that you indicated on your registration form.
- The ZOOM Chat will be visible to everyone. All portions of the SPICE and Blueprints conference will be recorded.