2020 Blueprints Retreat
April 28 - May 1, 2020
Education must never become “purely utilitarian” said Pope Benedict. There is a risk that we become preoccupied by measuring progress and orientate our curriculum towards future employment prospects neglecting our underlying narrative. What is that? Catholic schools exist to help people become fully human and fully alive. In the end, we are about the dignity of each person living confidently and unselfishly. There is another dimension to that. We can’t achieve this by our own strength. We will burn out rather than ignite within; in which case our passion will not enlighten us but consume us. Those who work in Catholic education are called to sense Christ, walking at our side as he liberates, inspires and empowers us. That is what SPICE and Blueprints is about this year. Walking not at our own pace and measure, but shoulder to shoulder with the one who calls us beyond ourselves towards an ultimately more rewarding purpose and a greater outcome. If you are weary, losing your enthusiasm or just a little disillusioned, these events are for you. If like me, the journey has worn down the tread on your trainers, this is a good place to put the spring back into your step and to rediscover why you got into all this in the first place. Let’s lift our gaze, stand shoulder to shoulder, and move forward for a more just world.
AT BLUEPRINTS THIS YEAR WE WILL:
- Climb off the hamster wheel and find time to enjoy ourselves
- Reconnect with others
- Reflect on our vocation and commitment as educators
- Consider how to apply ourselves to a Christian way of life without feeling inadequate or deflated
- Provide an opportunity to reflect upon the scriptures and the teaching of the Church
- Challenge ourselves out of complacency, lethargy, exhaustion or frustration
- Consider where we might be heading, with whom and why
- Reconnect with the beauty and mastery of God’s creation vividly gifted to us in the mountains at Kananaskis
- Celebrate the sacraments
Please read the below important information:
Registration Fee: $1,140.00 (GST exempt): Fee includes accommodation (double occupancy - Please specify preferred roommate or one will be assigned), Retreat registration, materials and meals.
Single Room Surcharge (if applicable): $343.17 (includes $16.11 GST)
A limited number of single rooms are available for an additional surcharge of $343.17 for three nights on a first-come, first-served basis.
To comply with the Pomeroy Kananaskis Mountain Lodge management policy, ACSTA must receive all Blueprints registrations no later than March 26, 2020.
Payment of Registration Fees: Fees may be paid by credit card (Visa or Mastercard), cheque or electronic funds transfer.
Payment by Credit Card
- · A service fee (3.95%) will be added at check out.
Payment by Division EFT /Cheque and/or Personal Cheque
- On the on-line registration form, click on the appropriate button.
- You will receive an email with your registration details and a link to your invoice. Please immediately forward the invoice to your accounting department to process payments and/or for their records.
- Cheques are to be made out to the “ACSTA” and sent to:
Alberta Catholic School Trustees’ Association Suite 205, 9940 – 106 Street Edmonton AB T5K 2N2
Cancellations: Registration fee is non-refundable, however replacement names will be accepted.
Please note this is a working Retreat; all components of the program (daytime and evening) are an integral part of the Retreat and are designed to build community among the Retreat participants. Therefore, bringing spouses and other family members who are not registered is not encouraged.
If you play a musical instrument, please bring it to the Retreat and join in the daily celebrations and social get-togethers.
|Event End Date||05-01-2020|